Monday, June 29, 2009

He taught me well

Boy, I tore into my bathroom remodeling project today with a vengeance. I have been quite nervous thinking about it. I've been wondering if I can handle it all by myself. I like to say that I used to just be Chuck's assistant with this kind of thing. Actually, I was more like his partner. He did the majority of the functional work. I did most of the planning, measuring, painting. We each had our own responsibilities and tasks we were good at and it seemed to work out great for us.

Needless to say, I had to take on his role in this latest project. I worked on it for 10 hours today. It is nowhere near done but it is coming along nicely so far. I got so much more accomplished in one day than I ever thought possible. What really surprised me though is how things seem to just be working out as planned! Usually we run into all sorts of unexpected hassles. I've only had one thing give me a hard time...but it wasn't because of anything I did.

While texting Brandon today, I kept him informed of my progress. I told him Dad must have taught me well because I was pleased with everything so far. I told him how, before I got started this morning, I asked Dad to somehow help me along. I think he did. He must have!

When he was close to dying, I told him not to worry about the work that needed to be done on the house. I told him I would get it done somehow. I told him we would be okay. I told him I would make him proud.

I think I did just that today!

And I didn't even need those two pennies in my pocket! (That only makes sense if you know the whole story from the beginning.)

It will feel good to go to bed knowing I've gotten so much accomplished. Knowing that getting out of bed today was worth it. I haven't felt that way in a long time. Even though I'm really exhausted from working so hard, I think I kind of like it.

1 comment:

  1. jodi, chuck would have and is proud of you. love, mom

    ReplyDelete